Personalized Banking is Our Business
The Bank’s mission is to be a full service financial institution that delivers great personal service and the best financial products to our customers and the local communities we serve.
The Bank of Denver, formerly the Denver Industrial Bank, was organized by George F. Rock, Jr. as a result of a merger of the Credit Finance Company, organized in 1936, and the Denver Safe Deposit Company, organized in 1908.
We Become The Bank of Denver
The Denver Industrial Bank was granted a State Bank Charter on September 1, 1953, at which time its name was changed to Bank of Denver. At that time it became a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and members were added to the Board of Directors. A plan to expand the banking quarters was started to provide more than twice the amount of floor space that was in use. Additional equipment was installed and most of the old equipment was replaced.
The growth of the bank since it was organized has been steady and conservative. In October of 1982, Bank of Denver built the Auto Bank on Colfax and Fox. It is a full service facility with a lobby and five drive up lanes. It officially became a branch in 2003 (with the branch banking laws), and the name was changed to the Golden Triangle Branch.
In October of 1995, Bank of Denver opened its first branch, the Cub Foods Branch, located inside the Cub Foods grocery store on Leetsdale and Cherry Street in Glendale. At this time the bank also added ATMs at both the Cub Foods branch and the Main Bank downtown. The new location offered shopping convenience and was the first to provide Saturday hours. When the grocery store was purchased by another grocery chain, the branch name was changed to the Leetsdale Branch. When the grocery store failed to re-open, a new building was built in 2006. The new branch is located on the corner of Leetsdale and Holly Street. It offers lobby service, convenient drive-up lanes, a 24 hour, drive-up ATM and Saturday hours.
A fourth location was completed in April of 2000 on the corner of 17th and Clarkson. This state-of-the-art bank offers a lobby as well as drive up lanes and a new style of commercial drive-up window. Bank of Denver's first drive up ATM is also located at this "Uptown" Branch. It provides early morning drive-up service and Saturday hours.
A New Home
After more than fifty years in downtown Denver, the building which had served as home to Bank of Denver was sold, and a new three-story building was built at 810 E. 17th Avenue. On January 13, 2006, the doors were closed at 1534 California Street. After moving all weekend, the Corporate Office of Bank of Denver opened its doors on January 17, 2006.
With offices designed to meet the specific needs of the bank, the lobby has a water feature that adds to the grace and beauty of the new building. Windows on the west side have a lovely view of Downtown Denver and a brief glance of the mountains.
Everything You Need
Bank of Denver has gone through many changes in the last few years, adding new products and services as well as making improvements. These changes reflect the growth and maturity of the bank; and its ability to compete in today's competitive banking market.